The Clinical Diagnostics Service of the Molecular Otolaryngology & Renal Research Laboratories is a CLIA-approved, Joint Commission-accredited diagnostic laboratory that offers variant screening of several genes.
Indications for screening
A comprehensive genetic test for Usher syndrome. The Usher Syndrome Panel is one test that is:
- Comprehensive—tests for 10 genes known to cause Usher syndrome type 1, type 2, and type 3 (detection of single nucleotide variation and copy number variation).
- Easy—patient provides one blood sample.
- Convenient—blood sample is taken in local doctor's office.
- Fast—one test shortens waiting time for results.
- Accurate—99 percent diagnostic specificity & sensitivity.
- Pinpointed diagnosis—offers the best method of genetic diagnosis; prognosis for additional hearing and/or vision issues; and potential genetic counseling.
- Less expensive—one test versus many tests.
Next Generation Sequencing and Read Depth Analysis (for deletion/duplication analysis).
Turnaround time is approximately 3 months.
8 - 10 cc. whole blood in lavender (EDTA) top tubes OR 10 μg DNA, minimum concentration: 50 ng/μl (A260/A280 1.8-2) resuspended in 0.1mM EDTA (10mM Tris HC1, 0.1mM EDTA, pH 8, Teknova Cat#T0220).
Cost & CPT Codes
See the MORL testing menu