OtoSCOPE® Genetic Hearing Loss Testing
The BEST comprehensive test for genetic forms of hearing loss including non-syndromic hearing loss, non-syndromic mimics (such as Usher Syndrome, Deafness-Infertility Syndrome, Perrault Syndrome and Pendred syndrome, among others) and common forms of syndromic hearing loss.
- Scientific manuscript describing the first in depth study assessing the clinical value of OtoSCOPE®
- Share with patient using the OtoSCOPE® brochure.
- MORL Hearing Loss Test Requisition Form (Effective January 3, 2020).
Why genetic testing, why OtoSCOPE® and why the MORL? Simple – get the best.
- Scientists in the MORL are internationally recognized experts; they developed the FIRST clinically available comprehensive genetic testing platform for hearing loss in the world.
- Not only is OtoSCOPE® testing comprehensive, but so too is the downstream bioinformatics; we investigate both single nucleotide variants and copy number variations.
- We know the interpretation of the genetic data is challenging and so all genetic results are discussed by a multidisciplinary team of MORL scientists in the context of clinical data to generate each patient’s report.
- Genetic testing is the most cost-effective test in the evaluation of a person with hearing loss and of the many options now available, OtoSCOPE® remains the least expensive.
- Genetic testing is recommended as standard of care by the ACMG and the IPOG.
- Scientists in the MORL are committed to advancing knowledge today AND for future generations. One example is the HEAR VUS program.
- As a reflection of our continued commitment to advancing our understanding of the biology of hearing and deafness, EVERY year scientists in the MORL publish new and important findings. For just a few, check out: PMID: 32281467, PMID: 32277154, PMID: 31985074, PMID: 31827252, PMID: 31171844, PMID: 31227837, PMID: 30865901, PMID: 30686588.
Next generation sequencing with read depth analysis for CNV detection.
Turnaround time is approximately 6 weeks.
8 - 10 cc. whole blood in lavender (EDTA) top tubes OR 10 μg DNA, minimum concentration: 50 ng/μl (A260/A280 1.8-2) resuspended in 0.1mM EDTA (10mM Tris HC1, 0.1mM EDTA, pH 8, Teknova Cat#T0220).
Cost & CPT Codes
See the MORL Testing Menu